The reviews are based on the performance of the WordPress hosts we monitor for the past 12 months.
Some websites will review services of poor quality and will state it is the best WordPress hosting in the UK, just to make some money. We at top5hosting test and review only the best web hosting providers in the UK and ranked them based on several parameters such as reliability, support, speed, price, and security.
WordPress is a PHP based CMS that uses MySQL data to store data. This means any website hosting services that meet the basic WordPress requirements can store and deliver your content. The best performing servers for WordPress are Apache and Nginx. Based on that criteria, our factors for the general hosting companies, some WordPress specific factors, and many tests, below is the table of the top 5 web host companies for WordPress and their reviews.
Why we chose SiteGround
SiteGround has been listed as a recommended WordPress hosting provider on the WordPress.org hosting page.
|Visit Host & Get Discount|
|Number of Monthly Visits|
|Free Domain Name|
|In-house WordPress caching|
|Free WordPress Themes|
|One click install|
|Auto WordPress Updates|
There are many reasons why we rank SiteGround as the best WordPress Hosting in the UK, some of them are:
SiteGround provides premium managed WordPress hosting service with expert WordPress support. They provide 1-click install for a smooth start and free migration if you are looking to move an existing website. They can help you with specific WordPress related issues, theme installation or plugin configuration and will do it promptly. Their 24/7 support replies instantly on phone and chat, and up to 15 minutes on ticketing. Their in-house developed WordPress caching (available on GrowBig and GoGeek plans) can speed up a website’s performance up to 4 times.
SiteGround currently hosts over 500 000 domains and have received 95% client satisfaction rate for 2016 4th year in a row.
The most important factors to consider before buying a WordPress hosting, according to our review experts are:
Some general review factors:
- How fast and reliable is the hosting company?
- How many websites could you run on a single hosting plan?
- How competent and friendly is the technical support?
- How easy and intuitive is the cPanel?
- How about money-back and uptime guarantee?
Do they provide additional value with free bonuses and WordPress specific features like:
- free domain name
- WordPress themes and plugins
- WordPress one-click installs and migration
- automatic WordPress core updates
- data backups
WHAT IS WORDPRESS?
WordPress has become one of the most popular web publishing platforms and today it powers more than 75 million websites, but what many people don't realize is that WordPress is not just a blogging tool, it's also a highly flexible content management system or CMS that enables you to build and manage your full-featured website using just your web browser and best of all it's completely free! WordPress is an open-source platform that lets you manage everything from a small personal blog to a large commercial site with hundreds of pages.
WHAT IS MANAGED WORDPRESS HOSTING?
For a monthly fee up to ten times the cost of shared hosting, many providers offer feature-rich hosting packages built especially for WordPress users.
Due to the popularity of WordPress, many web hosting companies have chosen to specialize in WordPress and offer what's known as managed WordPress hosting.
Managed WordPress hosting is a service where all technical aspects of running WordPress is managed by the web hosting provider, includes:
- Enhanced security - Very tight security layer that actively scans for malware and block all hacking attempts.
- Faster speed - Servers configured for WordPress, whether private or shared, really can make your website faster.
- Comprehensive support - Your support is provided by real WordPress experts with lots of experience rather than someone who is reading a support manual.
- WordPress updates - Most managed hosting providers test WordPress updates and implement them for you, so security updates become an afterthought.
- Daily backups - Most web hosting companies provide daily backup of all your data and mail on your domain.
- Website uptime - No matter how much people visit your site, it will probably never go down.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST WORDPRESS HOSTING IN THE UK?
There are so many companies out there trying to make a quick buck. Choosing the best WordPress hosting service for your site isn’t always as easy as it should be. There are various types of WordPress hosting options available such as Shared, Cloud, VPS(which stands for Virtual Private Server), Dedicated, and Managed WordPress hosting. Shared WordPress Hosting is one of the most popular forms of website hosting on the market, which means multiple websites are hosted together on the same server.
SiteGround is very involved in the WordPress community. They provide world class hosting with amazing WordPress Guru support.
Most of the cloud platforms in our list of the best cloud hosting provider for 2017, could even survive an entire data centre going offline as the pooled cloud resource is drawn from multiple data centres in different locations to spread the risk.
With the VPS hosting, you’ll be allocated your partition on a server with a protected and reserved amount of memory and computational power.
SHARED OR MANAGED WORDPRESS HOSTING?
The real question, of course, is whether all these extra features warrant the extra cost?
“Shared” hosting refers to an arrangement in which your website lives on the same server as others’ websites. The primary benefit of this arrangement is more sites for less cost – and for small publishers, cost savings can be a serious deal breaker. With managed hosting everything is taken care of for you, leaving you free to concentrate on other things such as writing, marketing and creating products.
- If you are a beginner who is starting a blog or a simple website, then you DO NOT need to be managed WordPress hosting, just choose a reliable and cheap web hosting from the list above! If low cost is your biggest priority, then go with a non-managed WordPress hosting provider.
- If you are a medium sized website with high-traffic and you are a lack of technical skills, then average web hosting can become a hassle and it makes sense for you to get managed WordPress hosting.
Make sure to read our articles with more detailed info on the factors to consider before purchasing a web hosting service in the UK and how to choose the best WordPress hosting. And make sure to check our Top 10 UK web host companies reviews